Friday, May 23, 2008

Eight More Days...

Still training...

I like that passing "No Trespassing" signs is easier with a bike.

Oh and I don't know how to link this with my flickr account (apparently I can), but I'm working on it.

I only had two free hours today so I just did a nice and easy 14 mile loop through Morehouse and came back on Black Rock. I also fell for the first time. I was stopping to snap a picture of a field and my right foot didn't come out of the clip so... yea... luckily it was in grass and not on pavement. But the best part is it was in front of Matt Warde's house and I'm pretty sure him and his friends were playing basketball and I'm pretty sure I yelped as I fell over. I imagine I looked like a calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) as I went. It's always awkward to fall off your bike. Especially when you're 19. And you remind yourself of a six-year-old cartoon. And in front of someone you went to high school with. Eh, it happens.

I'm planning to bike up to Candlewood Lake in Danbury on Sunday (it's going to be so crowded, I forgot it's a holiday weekend). Hopefully I can get a fifty mile ride in on Tuesday... Then I'll be back in the city! Just to drop in and say hello, and then try try to get a sixty mile ride in before I take off for Providence. I don't even know where I can go for a sixty mile loop. Whatever, I'll worry about that when I get there... I need to get to Candlewood Lake and back in one piece first.

No comments: