So "training" has been on hold because I strained my eyeballs over the weekend. The eye doctor gave me some liquid steroids to drip into them over the next week... basically until Bike and Build begins and was like, "stay out of the sun and don't wear your contacts." Well, if you know me, you know I (a) like the sun and (b) love my contacts. Needless to say, both those things are required for biking. Not to mention my glasses are horrible because they don't know how to stay on my face. Over the past week in general, I think my body has just been hating on me. My dad thinks its my body catching up with me from all the physical activity I've suddenly put it through since school, which may or may not be true. Maybe I have Lyme disease. That would really suck. Tomorrow is my last chance on a bike before the trip because I have to (yes, have to) go to Cape Cod on Saturday until Monday where I will then go to Providence and begin my summer's journey. I haven't ridden my bike in six days which is pretty, um, bad. So tomorrow, I will strap in my contacts, wear my sunglasses and bike off into the high sun to get one last day of cycling in regardless of what my doctor says.
I spent that last few days in New York with all good intentions of putting in my papers to work at the Post-Production desk go to EMS and everywhere else so that I wouldn't have to use gas back in Connecticut. Well, I did none of that and had a delightful time. I got to catch up with everyone who stayed in the city this summer and see Sue who I haven't seen since Christmas. It was a great time to just hang in the park, eat Cafetasia, and just goof around at such fine establishments as Hook and Ladder.
4 more days!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment