So I'm finally here. All the kids a pretty cool and relaxed so it looks like it's going to be a good summer. Today we helped out at the Habitat for Humanity in Providence where I got to see Herman DeKoe again (sight and sound: doc, you know who he is) which is always entertaining. We built the walls for an upcoming duplex for somewhere in Providence. Tomorrow we leave for the first day of cycling for Plainfield, CT (37 miles) it's a good start. But getting up at 6:30 am is hard. I haven't done that since high school. We'll dip our back wheel in to the "Atlantic" (i guess it technically is) at the Brown University Boathouse and then it's biking time. I'm excited to be sweep which isn't for another few days when we back from CT to NY (75 Miles). Sweep means that I just have to make sure i'm last and that when I get to where ever I am supposed to be, everyone is already there. Basically, it's an excuse to take my time.
We went on a shake-down ride yesterday and it was thirteen miles, but I got a taste for what this summer was going to be like because me and three other kids got lost, and the trip, I don't know what it was, but it was more than 13 miles. Good times.
I know a few people wanted to know how they could mail me, so here it is:
Address the maile with:
Bike & Build
Attn: Elizabeth Mo
USPS General Delivery
"Street Address"
"City, ST, zip code"
June 12: 5901 Jonestown RD, Harrisburg, PA 17108-9998
June 19: 610 Gay St, Portsmouth, OH 45662-9998
June 26: 300 S Main St, Taylorville, IL 62568-9998
July 03: 645 Vermont St, Lawrence, KS 66044-9998
July 10: 226 S Interocean Ave, Holyoke, CO 80734-1535
July 17: 200 N Wisconcisin St, Gunnison, CO 81230-2626
July 24: 75 W Main St, Torrey, UT 84775-8001
July 31: 120 N Maine Street, Fallon, NV 89406-9995
August 07: 2020 5th Street, Davis, CA, 95616-9998
I can't wait to start cycling tomorrow and see everyone at the end of the summer and thanks so much everyone for your support!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment